Live video streaming on FreeBSD?

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Wed Oct 24 08:43:15 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 17:44:13 Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> Well, no, its just that the 99% of the managed switches & routers out
> there are going to ("need to") support multicast video delivery
> they way they want.

I guess there are many possible solutions. YMMV. Many solutions
to many different problems. For example, you can keep multicast
to the edge of your network, near the clients. YMMV.

My point is, we don't have to advocate Cisco and proprietary
software here, right? In fact, we don't have to advocate
anything.

Let's let this conversation go. It's irrelevant to this list.

Nikos