Is it difficult to move from Linux?

Charlie Farinella cfarinella at appropriatesolutions.com
Wed Oct 24 08:31:59 PDT 2007

> On 2007-10-22 Donovan R. Palmer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using Linux for over 10 years, but have for a number of
> > reasons become very interested in learning to use FreeBSD. Are there
> > any ex or current Linux users here and could you tell me how hard it
> > is to make the shift from Linux?  Is there anything in particular
> > which has been written which would be useful to read?

I have been a Linux user for a long time, but over the last year or so
have been using either Open or Free BSD for all the servers I have to
set up.  It's just so much cleaner.

I'm still using Linux (Kubuntu, or Slackware) for my desktop machines,
and am wondering if FreeBSD is an option for the desktop.  I need to
run Audacity for instance, and would like to be able to view
audio-video content on the web.  Has that been difficult for people to
set up?