best way to run vista inside freebsd

John Nielsen john at jnielsen.net
Wed Oct 24 06:32:06 PDT 2007

Quoting Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com>:

> Frank Jahnke writes:
>
>> VMs in general are a problem on Free.  There is an effort to port the
>> most recent VMware Workstation by a very good man.
>
> VMware employee?

No, Orlando Bassotto, who is the programmer who did much of the work
for the original VMware Workstation 3 port and kernel modules for
FreeBSD. If I understand it correctly, he picked up where Vladimir
Silyaev left off after porting 2. Orlando also did quite a bit of work
on a Workstation 4 port for FreeBSD that reached at least alpha quality.

Rsync.net code bounties and current status:
http://www.rsync.net/resources/notices/2007cb.html

Orlando's home page (currently blank):
http://www.break.net/orlando/

JN