resizing partitions

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Oct 23 11:14:40 PDT 2007

I have need to alter some partition sizes on a (laptop) system I use
daily, with FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE installed.  Are there tools you'd
recommend for this, that should be stable and not prone to hosing up my
filesystems?  In particular, I probably don't need to shrink any
partitions -- only grow them -- but I'm not sure how I want to handle
this at this time.  I worry a bit about using some Linux LiveCD's
partition management tools on a FreeBSD system.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."