OT: UltraDNS and dor org domains.

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Mon Oct 22 10:43:31 PDT 2007

We just put our replacement DNS servers online, djbdns replacing Bind.
In testing with the few domains we have moved to the new servers we
began getting intermittent failures for some clients.

It is only dot org domains, checking deeper it ain't us. If I do a
domain query from dnsstuff for any org, I sometimes get nothing but name
server records. This happens when the root servers refer the query to
TLSx.Ultradns.net.

I see ultradns failing to return A records for slashdot.org and
openoffice.org as well others.

Is anyone else seeing this?

DAve
Veterans?