best way to run vista inside freebsd

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Fri Oct 19 06:02:20 PDT 2007

> I have heard that Win4BSD is really good.

Your hearing is not good.  Win4BSD is a terrible product when compared
with the very old version of VMware.  Its only advantage is that you can
run it with more than one CPU (namely, APIC is enabled).  Win4BSD is
less stable, less responsive, and it appears to be dead as far as
activity goes.  FWIW, in my opinion qemu/kqemu is not particularly good,
either.

VMs in general are a problem on Free.  There is an effort to port the
most recent VMware Workstation by a very good man.  I do hope this
works, because right now things in the VM world on FreeBSD truly are
bleak.

Frank