More Postfix Woes

Rem P Roberti rem at remdog.net
Thu Oct 18 16:47:18 PDT 2007

On 2007.10.18 19:09:01 +0000, Gerard wrote:
> On October 18, 2007 at 06:42PM Rem P Roberti wrote:
>

> > I don't know what is going on with respect to Postfix during my boot
> > process, but the program starts, and stops, starts, and stops, and this
> > newbie is a little perplexed.  Fortunately, it ends up started, so I
> > have access to my email, but something is obviously not right here.  I
> > have provided below entries from my latest maillog.  Any help is
> > appreciated...
>
> For starters, you should read the Postfix documentation. You might also try
> posting on the Postfix forum. Check out http://postfix.com for further details.
>
> Now, before you go any further, the log file is telling you that your
> 'transport' is out of date. You have to run 'postmap' on it and then restart
> Postfix to get it corrected. Try: 'postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport'
> assuming that your transport map is named 'transport'. This will update the
> mapping.
>
> You should always supply the complete output of: "postconf -n" when asking
> help regarding Postfix. It saves a lot of time.

As per your suggestion, here is the output of postconf -n...

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
body_checks = regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/body_checks
command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 5
default_privs = nobody
html_directory = no
luser_relay = steve-junk
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
mydomain = remdog.net
myhostname = bsd.remdog.net
myorigin = $myhostname
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = no
recipient_delimiter = -
relay_domains = $mydestination
sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtp_helo_name = $mydomain
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,  check_client_access
hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access, check_client_access
regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/regexp_table,     reject_unknown_client
check_sender_access hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access,
check_recipient_access hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access,
reject_unauth_destination,      check_recipient_access
regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/regexp_table,  check_sender_access
regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/regexp_table, reject_unknown_client
transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport
unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual