FW: Virtual email server

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Thu Oct 18 05:38:08 PDT 2007

>>Olivier Nicole a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am asked to build a virtual (couple of thousand of domains) email
>>server: smtp, imap, pop and web mail.
>>
>> Sendmail is not the best choice, any sugestion about the various tools
>> of choice for every components?
>>
>> So far I have only run single domain servers.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Olivier
>>

>May be courier-mta :  http://www.courier-mta.org/
>In the ports tree:  mail/courier

>Rgeards

A good combination could be:

Dovecot (imap pop server)
Postfix (MTA smtp with mysql support)
Mysql (database server to store user accounts aliases enz)
Postfixadmin (webgui to manage users, domains, aliases in the mysql database. Also provides out of office) (I would use the svn version.)
Lighttpd (webserver for webmail)
Squirrelmail (webgui for webmail), or use imp from the horde framework.

Works like a charm for me.