[OT] proper editor

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Mon Oct 15 22:47:21 PDT 2007

Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> Hi there, I'm beginner.
>
> Please recommend for proper editor so that ...
> I want to practice *Python* under best environment ...
>
> vim, emacs, gedit, or notepad.exe, ...
>
> If you give me good advice about that, I'll study very hard ...
>
> So which one is best editor? ...

There is no such thing as a "best" editor. Which one you know better NOW?
If the goal is to study Python (assuming no previous experience), go
along with the easiest for you. For starters, if you are using a  GUI,
go with Python's own IDLE environment. It is not "advanced", but neither
are you at this point. And it does have some advantages (like immediate
execution of commands to try out things).
Spending time learning a complex editor like vi or emacs, will certainly
pay up in the long run though.