Listening ports - vpn, proxy + p2p.

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Oct 15 22:12:24 PDT 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:24:44 +0800
"Aminuddin" <amin.scg at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I get FreeBSD open and listen to those connections so that P2P
> clients can broadcast and listen using the proxy? With firewall off, all
> ports should be open but still p2p clients keep saying ports firewalled.

are you doing nat? or actually providing REAL , routable IPs for your users?

if you are doing NAT, the only thing you may be able to do is to port forward
specific ports to each client. That may not work for all clients - emule may be
different to, say, limewire.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Warned.