BitTorrent configuration in FreeBSD-6.2 -for Large file downloads &uploads

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Sun Oct 14 03:33:38 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 03:15:28AM -0500, CyberLeo Kitsana wrote:

> There are quite a few PHP trackers around, though the one I use is
> Torrent Trader Lite. (http://www.torrenttrader.com/) This is a
> lightweight tracker that stores all its information in flatfiles, so no
> rdbms is necessary. This should be placed on a publicly accessible URL,
> so that the people who wish to download via bittorrent can use it.

Or http://sourceforge.net/projects/torrenttrader .

I had a quick look at Torrent Trader Lite after your suggestion, and
while it doesn't appear to depend on MySQL, it's still far from
lightweight!  It really requires you to build the web site around the
tracker rather than adding a small tracker to a pre-existing site.

I also had to do a lot of work to get it working under PHP5.  I fixed
some things by replacing "<?" with "<?php" but there were still some
problems with rendering of pages.  I don't know if the tracker part of
it actually worked.

To the OP, have you looked at BNBT in /usr/ports/net-p2p/bnbt ?  It
might be more along the lines of what you want.  There doesn't seem to
be much documentation supplied with the port though.  Consequently I
don't have it working yet.  There does seem to be some useful info here
though:

http://bnbteasytracker.sourceforge.net/documentation.php

Regards
Andrew