PPPoE dialer CPU usage

Dave Curry dave at ysarro.com
Sat Oct 13 10:27:13 PDT 2007

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea what might be causing excessive CPU usage by the rp-pppoe dialer.  What I've been running into is since the
5th, the message "Unexpected packet code 9" has been showing up every 10 seconds in syslog, the CPU usage is maxed, I seem to be getting pinged by my
PPPoE gateway every 10 seconds, and I can't seem to find out what the cause of this is.  Have checked other net traffic to no avail, tried compiling
the dialer with debugging options which did nothing, and any sort of insight that could be offered at this point is dearly welcome.

--
David Michael Curry (Dave)
<dave at ysarro.com>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions