Different DNS responses depending on query source

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Oct 11 11:12:17 PDT 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Yuri Pankov wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>> So is there a way to have bind listening on the only interface and
>> IP address the host can have give different answers depending on
>> where the query comes from?

> You can use BIND's "view" statement:
> http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm94/
> Bv9ARM.ch06.html#view_statement_grammar

Thank you and others who have pointed out the the view statement in
BIND 9 does exactly what I want.  I (obviously) hadn't been aware of
the view statement until now.

I'd also like to thank Jonathan Horne who off-list pointed me to a
detailed article with examples he wrote that covers precisely my case.

-j