kernel configuration failure

coriolinus coriolinus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:25:00 PDT 2007

I'm new to kernel building, so I followed the handbook's advice: cd to
/usr/src, then make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL.

The kernel build process is failing mysteriously. The file it claims
not to be able to find, /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm/aicasm.c, is
sitting in my filesystem exactly where it should be. I'm not even sure
why exactly it's trying to build that, as I'm pretty sure that I
disabled the modules in the kernel configuration file which use that
source.

Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.