Installing freeBSD on an Intel RAID5 partition

Jeff Mohler speedtoys.racing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:33:45 PDT 2007

Did you know that most "oh my god" RAID failures happen during the
reconstruction of a failed drive?

.Especially on SATA as the non-recoverable-bit-error math is so much
easier to run into.

I think..that on a 500G drive, there are enough bits to read/write
that mathematically you could run into a double-drive failure every
time you have to recover.  Although, statistically it wouldnt happen
every time.

No raid solves any backup problem.