setting up a cvsup mirror

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Oct 9 06:54:12 PDT 2007

"Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to setup a local cvsup mirror on my local machine (someone told
> me if you do it right you don't need to hand apply uncommitted
> patches)....

I suspect you're a bit confused.  The definition of "uncommitted
patches" is that they aren't *in* the cvs repository.  cvs can try
to merge changes into your checked-out sources instead of overwriting
them like cvsup does, but that's the closest I can think of to what
you seem to be saying.

>              what do I need to do this?

The cvsup-mirror port will take care of it all for you (asking you a
few questions along the way for configuration).