Upgrade to imap-uw 2006j Breaks Logins

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Oct 7 21:37:20 PDT 2007

I don't get it.  In the g version, linkage.c only existed for the
Mac and tops OS's not unix - why was it loaded under FreeBSD by the
old Makefile?  Your explanation in the port makes no sense as to
why it was removed - I can't understand why it was included in the
first place.

I'm interested in the issue because a while ago I tried compiling a
webmail program under FreeBSD that used the c-client libraries, and I
got it built but the program could not authenticate using the c-client
libraries.  This was using the g version.  Was something broken in
uw-imap then that they fixed in the j version, which we had hacked around
in the g version by including linkage.c?

Ted