Hardware compatible : Marble_Mouse/TrackMan Wheel from Logitech

williamkow williamkow at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 17:51:51 PDT 2007

   Dear Mr. Roland,
   Tahnk you for your reply, may I ask if I to purchase TrackMan Wheel
   Mouse (Logitech), does it also work and compatible in FreeBSD? Please
   advise, Thank you.
   [1]http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/devices/
   166&cl=my,en
   WilliamKow
   ________
   Roland Smith wrote:

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 09:05:20PM +0800, williamkow wrote:

Can anyboby advice me whether the Marble_Mouse from Logitech,
be used and recognized by FreeBSD6.2-Release ?

I've used this trackball without problems with Xorg. Here's the relevant
part of my xorg.conf;

 Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "MarbleMouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol"          "Auto"
        Option      "Device"            "/dev/psm0"
        Option      "Buttons"           "5"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
        Option      "ButtonMapping"     "3 2 1 6 7"
        Option      "CorePointer"       "on"
EndSection

Note that this is for a left-handed person. For right-handed use, you
need to swap 3 and 1 in the ButtonMapping, IIRC.

Note that I _don't_ use moused(8).

Roland