Flashplayer?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Oct 7 10:47:56 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 10:26:17AM -0700, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> Anyone give me a heads up on what needs to be done to watch YouTube
> videos using Firefox and FreeBSD 6.2?

The gnash port reportedly works pretty well.

The linux-flashplugin port with nspluginwrapper worked really well for me
for a while -- then just randomly broke.

If you're not picky about watching them *in* the browser, you can always
just install the youtube_dl port, then use the youtube-dl script to
download YouTube videos to watch them in MPlayer.

There's a plugin for Firefox that allows you to use MPlayer within the
browser.  I haven't checked yet on whether that works for viewing YouTube
videos.

Last I checked, the linuxpluginwrapper didn't work worth a damn for Flash
support in Firefox.

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."