Problem with PHP cli core dumping (SOLVED)

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Oct 6 12:25:19 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 18:54:54 Richard Secor wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Mel wrote:
>  >> On Tuesday 25 September 2007 18:50:39 Derrick wrote:
>  >>> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Eric wrote:
>  >>>> Derrick wrote:
>  >>>>> so it's sessions.so
>  >>>>> I've tried rebuilding it, but still has the same issue.
>  >>
>  >> Move session to indicated spot, then try php -v again. If it
>
> still coredumps,
>
>  >> move above spl. If it still coredumps, move it up one spot and
>
> rerun, till it
>
>  >> stops coredumping.
>  >>
>  >> The bug is in the general extension destructor and changing the
>
> order till it
>
>  >> works is the only remedy.
>  >
>  >Thanks to all those that input some output.
>  >
>  >I moved extension=session.so to the start of the file after trying the
>  >first couple suggestions, and all is working now..
>
>   I had this problem, however, after changing the file around I'm
> still getting core dumps.
>   I find that this happens whenever I upgrade from the port :(
>   Anyway, it seems I'm getting the dumps from spl.so (it's fine if I
> comment it and anything that depends on it).
>   I've tried putting it in every line of the extension file but it
> still dumps out.
>   I've tried completely rebuilding all of php and all associated
> extensions, still dumps out.

It's not spl itself that needs to be moved. There's extensions that are
required to be loaded *before* spl and most likely others.

You can speed things up as follows:
php -i >/dev/null 2>&1
gdb -core ./php.core -exec `which php`

[snip symbol loading]

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0x28e90544 in __do_global_dtors_aux ()
   from /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/simplexml.so

That's the one that needs to be moved up.

--
Mel