any body has a tutorial of installing the openvpn on current versions of freebsd ?

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:18:51 PDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 2:47 PMOct 3, 2007, fatman at crackmonkey.us wrote:

> On 2/10/2007, "Yong" <yanicher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> sorry, I meant
>>
>> install openvpn in bridged mode - that will imply creating some
>> devices, creating the config files that will permit to connect a test
>> user
>> something or somebody that has done it from point to point - till the
>> moment that it is stated and user has connected.
>>
>> thanks
>
> Hi Yong,
>
> I did have this sort of working [I'm not convinced I had it 100%
> right,
> though my friend claimed he was able to join my network and browse my
> NFS shares] and then my server blew out a hard disk. And me without a
> backup. Typical.
>
> I don't think there are any decent instructions out there,
> unfortunately. It's too darn complicated.

[snip]

I'll write one and post it today.  Coincidentally, I'm doing a re-
install of OpenVPN on a  new server.  FWIW, OpenVPN is not all that
difficult.  Most of the instructions out there just make it all seem
so.  Where it *can* get complicated, though, is when you're pushing a
bunch of different routes across the VPN connection.

You'll be able to view my OpenVPN instructions at: https://www.secure-
computing.net/wiki/index.php?title=OpenVPN_Server (ignore wrapping,
should all be one line).  Note, as of my sending this, the document
doesn't exist.  It should, at least in part, within the next hour or so.

HTH

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks