Dual Boot Vista - Large Sector Issue

rachie freebsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Wed Oct 3 18:45:22 PDT 2007

I was able to install FreeBSD alongside Vista on my HP laptop.  What I did was
I shrank down the windows partition using Partition Magic.  Its not normal
NTFS according to Partition Magic.  But after I shrank it down I just booted
from the FreeBSD install cd and installed it like normal, was able to create
all the slices.  After I was done I had to run the vista boot repair in order
to access Vista again.  I now have vista, stable, and current.

This isn't exactly an answer to your problem but I am hoping it will help you
get FreeBSD installed.