linux-flashplugin9 (usable?)

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:23:33 PDT 2007

Mel wrote:

>>> crashs X on 7-current amd64
>>>
>> Try snapping with youtube -dl or clive if the YouTube videos are
>> objective. Then play .flv files with MPlayer or VLC
>>

> Cool, didn't know MPlayer could play .flv. In that case, videodownloader
> firefox extension is even more useful:

youtube -dl and clive work flawlessly. You can also use clive to convert
.flv to friendlier formats.
I have never had a luck with those adds on for Firefox. Even their ftp
client sucks. That is way I use Opera and Lynx.
Do not get me wrong. I am recommending Opera's  ftp or bittorrent client
for the serious users but it is good to know that you have them and that
they work. Opera also has a very solid mail client and slue of other
features to be desired by Firefox.

My experience with Firefox adds on is miserable.