Deleted /var/db/pkg

nikolaj.thygesen at diamondbox.dk nikolaj.thygesen at diamondbox.dk
Wed Oct 3 00:43:27 PDT 2007

Hi list,

    Thanks for all the feedback I got concerning the recreation of my
package database - it's been most helpful. I'm pretty much home free
now, and I learnt a lot during the process; I just have a question
regarding using the "-o" option of portupgrade.

    I understand that this option, colloquially speaking, lets one port
take another ports place. It just seems that this replacement is
respected only when using "make install" and "portupgrade." When using
"portinstall" or "pkg_add", these programs insist on installing for
example either "cdrtools" or "cjk-cdrtools" depending on which one is
not installed - ie. it wants to install the one variant not currently
being installed. Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something
wrong?? My "pkgtools.conf" has had the appropriate line added.

    br - Nikolaj Thygesen