best spam filter port(s) for postfix?

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 08:00:20 PDT 2007

On 9/30/07, Joe in MPLS <joe at gracenpeace.net> wrote:
> I'm running 6.2-STABLE with postfix with cyrus-sasl, imap-uw & horde for
> mail. I'd like to stop depending on clients(Thunderbird & PDAs) for
> primary spam control (especially because our PDAs don't do any). AV
> scanning would be a plus too.
>
>                ...jgm

Maia Mailguard. It's a fork (sorta) of amavisd-new, and integrates
SpamAssassin and ClamAV.

It can be set to quarantine emails that are suspected to be spam, and
also those with attachments that you consider to be suspicious, and
presents end-users with reminder emails and a good web interface for
managing their emails.

It Rocks.