looking for suggestions: multiple users on the same desktop

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Nov 30 08:49:30 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> RW wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:31:15 -0500 "Aryeh M. Friedman"
>> <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> but I don't want to logout and login back in and/or have to
>>> invoke the app from the cmd line (i.e. xhost +; setenv DISPLAY
>>> :0; app cmd line)... I am looking for a way to make it so I can
>>> launch apps from a desktop panel and/or icon on the desktop and
>>> make it ask what user to run it under (or somehow or another make
>>> it aware that not everything is to be ruin as "aryeh")

What about adding the magical incantation to a menu item?

You'd type it once, and then it'd be clicky-clicky after that.
Dunno if it'd work, but I use this under XFCE to set up remote
connections via ssh, ('Eterm -foo -bar -e ssh somehost'), rdesktop
('rdesktop somehost') and running Yet Another OS's terminal app
via Wine, which is way too long a string to remember and type
here.

KDK
--
Facts, apart from their relationships, are like labels on empty bottles.
		-- Sven Italla