short Q

Gelsema, P (Patrick) gelsemap at superhero.nl
Sun Nov 25 14:01:34 PST 2007

On Sun, November 25, 2007 21:18, Shantanoo Mahajan wrote:

> On 26-Nov-07, at 1:23 AM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> --On November 23, 2007 9:04:01 PM -0800 jekillen
>> <jekillen at prodigy.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello:
>>> Is this the way to start mysqld in rc.conf?
>>> mysqld_enable="YES"

head /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server
#
# Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable mysql:
# mysql_enable (bool):  Set to "NO" by default.
#                       Set it to "YES" to enable MySQL.
# mysql_limits (bool):  Set to "NO" by default.
#                       Set it to yes to run `limits -e -U mysql`
#                       just before mysql starts.
# mysql_dbdir (str):    Default to "/var/db/mysql"
#                       Base database directory.
# mysql_args (str):     Custom additional arguments to be passed
#                       to mysqld_safe (default empty).

Cheers

Patrick