Squid with a Net nanny type setup....

Tony tony at tntpro.net
Sun Nov 25 09:10:18 PST 2007

Thanks for the advice, I've noticed dansguardian and looked into it a
little bit, I've also blocked some words which works but doesn't work
because it kills some legitimate pages.

I've also tossed around the idea with my Fiancé about locking them down
to certain websites, but that is problematic with doing some school work
(kids are 9 and 11) I think what bothers me most is them stumbling
across something.

Say they are curious what the word milf means and they search for it...
that would be an eye opener!

So right now I have a list of words that are blocked from URLS and a
large number of sites blacklisted gathered from other peoples lists
scavenged from google.

Thanks for the replies,

Tony

PS squid is a very cool thing, and I can use MRTG to gather data and
display it, but it does seem to have some performance hit with surfing,
I moved it from my dually Pentium Pro 200 to my Dual p3 1Ghz and that
made a difference, now I just need some speedy Sata disks and a good
Sata controller.