Open Source softwares in FreeBSD for web hosting platform

Ovi ovi at unixservers.us
Sun Nov 25 04:32:12 PST 2007

Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know that this question has been asked on this list in the past. So
> I am sorry for repeating it.
>
> However, I would like to know the current answers and views on this
> question.
>
> Basically, I want to know which software you might be using as a Site
> configuration and management application for web hosting services.
>
> It will be used primarily to control about 500-1000 virtual domains.
>
> I know that there are Cpanel and Plesk which are very good commercial
> softwares catering the needs for a good web based management tool.
>
> So far, I have only tried out RAQdevil http://www.raqdevil.com/
>
> It seems good but is quite limited in it's features.
>
> So I would like to know more open source softwares used for this type
> of services.
>

> Thanking you...

We are using syscp and it works well. (you will need to modify it to
suit your needs, the source code is clean and easy to modify).
Any open source software you try, it is not 100% complete (as far as I
know, from my experience with open source web panels), so you will have
to modify the code. The bad thing with syscp is that dns server is not
configurable from web interface (there is a patch, but it allows you to
modify DNS only from admin account, which is not good, I think you will
need regular users to be able to configure their own dns servers), so
this is one thing you must add. I asume you need 3 types of accounts,
admin account, reseller account and user account.
http://www.syscp.org/

best regards,
ovi