Questions on behaviour of fetch(3) regarding HTTPS + proxy

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Nov 22 16:31:55 PST 2007

Antony Mawer <fbsd-questions at mawer.org> wrote:

> On 22/11/2007 2:27 AM, Bill Moran wrote:
> > It seems that if I set HTTP_PROXY, fetch(1) works just dandy, _UNLESS_
> > I'm trying to fetch an https document, in which case it seems to
> > ignore HTTP_PROXY.
>
>  From memory:
>
>      export HTTPS_PROXY="http://myproxy:8080"

That doesn't do anything, as far as I can tell.

I did some digging into the code, and it seems as if this is not supported
at all by libfetch.  It also seems as if htmldoc isn't using libfetch but
simply follows the same logic, so the question becomes moot for me.

Thanks for the input.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.