top posting (off-topic)

Brent Jones brent.jones at otago.ac.nz
Thu Nov 22 13:50:36 PST 2007

Sorry if this is a bit off topic for this list, but it seem to be a
comment that comes up very regularly; "please don't top post..."

I for one prefer top posting, as usually I have read a particular thread
enough times that I like to cut to the chase and read the new input
without having to scroll down, sometimes navigating an endless nesting
of >>>  For me, reading through top posted replies saves time and
effort.  If I happened to miss something in the conversation I can
scroll down to find it.

Anyone else feel the same?

Cheers,
Brent