Questions on behaviour of fetch(3) regarding HTTPS + proxy

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Nov 21 07:37:51 PST 2007

It seems that if I set HTTP_PROXY, fetch(1) works just dandy, _UNLESS_
I'm trying to fetch an https document, in which case it seems to
ignore HTTP_PROXY.

I suspect that this is occurring somewhere in the fetch(3) library, as
the htmldoc port behaves the same way.

Is this intended behaviour?  If so, how can I control it?  The systems
in question have no way to connect without using the proxy, and I'd
like to convince fetch(3) to use the proxy for https as well.  My
perusal of the documentation hasn't turned up anything related to this,
so I'm grepping through the source code right now.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com