Can anyone recommend an external firewire-based drive?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 14 11:49:14 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:09:47PM -0600, Doug Poland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an external, firewire-based, hard-drive from which to
> run FreeBSD 7.0 (i386).  Ideally, I'd boot from this device as well, but
> I'm not sure if FreeBSD (or my BIOS) supports booting from firewire.
>
> Can anyone recommend a manufacturer and/or model?

I haven't used it with FreeBSD but my Seagate 300G works very with
Macintosh. LaCie is another highly respected brand among Mac users.

There were some Western Digital Firewire externals on the market but
many Mac users had problems. With Apple as one of Firewire's parents its
pretty sad if a Firewire product doesn't work with a Mac.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net