CD's and fonts....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Nov 13 14:30:28 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:08:24AM +0100, Michael Rudolph wrote:

	[[ ... ]]

> I assume konqueror is chocking because you have font previews enabled.
> If you deselect "Font Files" in konquerors View > Preview submenu,
> prior to entering your font directory, you should be able to use
> konqueror. As I said before, it's a piece of cake to do it this way.

	We evidently have our browsers configured differently
	because I didn't find anything-fonts under View.  And all
	I find under Settings -> "Configure Konqueror" -> "TT\nFonts"
	didn't seem to  apply... .

> If you want to do it as per the handbook, you'd have to copy your font
> files to an appropriate directory, which could look something like
> this:
>
> # cp /media/cdrom/1/*.ttf /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

	Yes, this CLI command did work. It's the same as I used on my
	Ubuntu server. For FBSD I had to use another command to
	correctly build the truetype font files for X.  But works.

	Thanks for your help!

> I'm not sure if I understood you question correctly, but either the man
> page for cp(1) might help or you ask again here.

	I have a slew of Postscript files that I ported for use with the
	free version of the Enscript port, but these should work almost
	the same way.

	cheers!

	gary

--