New FreeBSD Job Opening with the new Open Source Group at Cisco

Brent Rogers (breroger) breroger at cisco.com
Tue Nov 13 09:16:39 PST 2007

Megan,

Hello! My name is Brent and I am a recruiter at Cisco. Join the group
that will change the way Cisco develops software. Be part of the Cisco
organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new
technology areas and market segments. This group is responsible for
building the next generation platform using open source and Open
Unix/Linux operating systems. Please take a look at the FreeBSD position
listed below and let me know if you are interested or if you know
someone that might be interested.

Regards,

Brent

Software Engineer IV

Location

San Jose, California or virtual office

Description

It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Cisco is entering an exciting
new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming
life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a
reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.

Cisco's Open Platform Software Technology Center is looking to hire
experienced FreeBSD developers. The next generation of Cisco's products
will be powered by Open Source operating systems and will be built from
Open Source components. Our team will build the core technology used in
a wide variety of Cisco products.

The ideal candidate has strong C programming skills, a background in
embedded and real-time operating systems, is an active contributor or
committer in the FreeBSD community, and takes a system-level view of
problem solving. Knowledge and experience with the MIPS or PowerPC
architectures is a plus. Knowledge of network protocols and network
equipment is a plus.

This is a senior/lead position and requires an MS EE/CS with 5-7 years
experience, or a BS EE/CS with 7-10+ years experience. You will be
leading a team of FreeBSD developers, focusing on building FreeBSD-based
software stacks for Cisco product teams and defining & driving Cisco's
contributions to FreeBSD.

R822353

Brent Rogers
Recruiter