Can someone please help me get gdmchooser running, again?

Lane Holcombe lane at joeandlane.com
Fri Nov 9 21:58:56 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 08:28 +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:12:20PM -0600, Lane Holcombe wrote:
> > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #1, compiled locally on Tue May  8
> > 16:39:25 CDT 2007
> >
> > <snip>

> > gdm was compiled WITHOUT IPv6 support, and I've got
> >
> > ipv6_enable="NO"
> >
> > in /etc/rc.conf
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Thanks for being an extra set of eyes!
> >
> > lane
>
> Hi,
>
> Lane, please check gdm related issues (IPv6 only) at
> http://www.nabble.com/remaining-issues-with-gnome-2.20-t4721430.html
> (taken from thread on gnome@). And sorry if it's not related to your
> problem.
>

> Yuri
Yuri,

Thanks for your response.

I've suspected this was an issue with IPV6, but poking around sysctl
oids is like spelunking without a rope or a partner.

As soon as the current CD finishes (Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation [cause
I'm retro, like that]) I'm gonna reboot with these additions
to /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.inet6.ip6.v6only=0
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1

I thought there was a "map" sysctl oid that explicitly maps ipv6 to
ipv4, but I can't find it now.

Anyway, if I get anywhere with this I'll post the results.
Otherwise ... I'll just whine some more :)

lane