6.1 install and multiple drives

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu Nov 8 08:22:48 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:12:33AM -0500, Jay Aikat wrote:
> Erik,
> 	Thanks a ton for this info!  One more (this rather lame) question - sorry.
> Where can I download the latest files for this mfi driver from?  The ftp
> archive for old releases does not seem to have this.
> ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/6.1-RELEASE
>
> Thanks!
> --Jay.

(The FTP archive should have all the files, but probably not in a format
that can be easily accessed without first installing the release.)

You can always get any version of the source files directly from the CVS
repository. See http://www.freebsd.org/developers/cvs.html for information
on that.

You might also get away with simply copying the files (either source or the
pre-compiled kernel module) from 6.2-RELEASE
There is no guarantee that this will work (since the updated driver might
depend on some other changes) but it might be worth a try.