Uninstall sos

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Nov 7 01:24:58 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:05:18 -0800
Greg M <outflank at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much for your response! I don't have the bsd cd. It comes up to the boot options 1-8, I think, so how would I get to the bsd version of a dos console or single mode you speak of? Thanks again,
> Greg

hi greg,
- please keep the list in CC so others can help / learn / correct me.
- Please do not top post.

u can try to get in with option 4 - single user ...but i am not sure you'll be able to overwrite the current disk.

you actually don't need the BSD CD - any live   u*x boot cd will do. they should all have dd and be able to do what i mentioned (just make sure you don't have the disk mounted, as it may not allow you to write to it).