IPFW/Divert problem...

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Nov 6 05:12:19 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 12:29 AM, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:

> Eric F Crist wrote:
>> I've been working on doing some bandwidth accounting with ipfw
>> count rules, but I've come across a very crappy problem.  After
>> adding the following two lines to /etc/rc.conf, I'm posed with a
>> question during boot:
>
> About which lines you talk?

Sorry, left that part out:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/ipfw.sh"

FWIW, ipfw.sh ONLY has count rules it it.  There isn't any NAT/etc
going on here.  Also, IPFW was compiled with DEFAULT TO ACCEPT, since
I'm not really using it for anything other than accounting.

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks