ip6fw without ipfw?

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:54:49 PST 2007

So is it a bug or a feature that enabling ip6fw (/etc/rc.d/ip6fw
start) also enables ipfw (the ipv4 version)? I didn't see it mentioned
in IP6FW(8).

It sure surprised me when I was exploring IPv6 setup and I enabled
ip6fw without configuring the IPv4 rc.firewall.  Locked me out of the
remote system, because ssh won't let me log in on IPv6 (I'll post that
question in another message), and ipfw came up and locked me out via
IPv4. Forced me to go out and enjoy the nice weather yesterday instead
of playing with IPv6 all day...

- Bob