New FreeBSD art?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Fri Nov 2 17:33:03 PDT 2007

On Nov 02, 2007, at 2:05 pm, James wrote:

> 1. Write to    trademark at FreeBSDFoundation.org asking permission to
> use
> a trademarked image
> 2. Include a trademark sign on your site
> 3. Include a line that says something like "Trademark of the FreeBSD
> foundation"
> 4. Don't cut up the image and reproduce it in some other image
> without
> permission
>

> That's about it. The rest is mostly lawyer-ese

I was just hoping to find a new version of the "Powered by FreeBSD"
logos to use as an image link back to the FreeBSD page.  Those can be
used on sites served by FreeBSD, without requesting permission.  I
mean, I want to *advertise* the project, it seems silly that I have to
ask permission and display trademark notices.  I could still use one
of the old ones, I just wondered if there were any available using the
new logo.

While I'm on the subject, can anyone open the SVG version?  I've tried
Intaglio and Pixelmator (both OS X apps) and they reject it.  I
validated the file against the W3C SVG XSD and DTD (normal English to
resume shortly) using XMLMate in TextMate, and they both say it is
invalid.  I don't need to use the file, I was just curious if anyone
else had problems opening it.

Ashley

--
blog @ http://aviewfromafar.net/