Duplicate existing FreeBSD Server in VM

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Fri Nov 2 07:40:17 PDT 2007

Terry Sposato wrote:
> What is the best way to go about getting this exact machine transferred to
> the VM? Both machines exist on the same network and will be able to talk to
> each other, I have been thinking of a couple of different ways to get all my
> data across which is the easy part, but I want to match everything that is
> installed, base system, ports etc.
>

> Anyone have any ideas or point me into the right direction?

There are a # of ways to skin that cat.
Have a look at my Linux P2V page as it describes a process that should
work for you.
http://mark.foster.cc/wiki/index.php/Linux_P2V

--
Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'