curious DNS behavior on a 7.0...

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Nov 1 21:02:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:41:13 -0500
Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com> wrote:

> however, right now "new" every website i browse is penalized with a 10-20
> second delay before the page finally starts loading.  tcpdump is full of
> these:

hi there,

wouldn't it be your browser requesting the IPv6 address?  you can check easy
enough by pinging any website (which you haven't resolved yet) and see if u get
the same calls.

unless you are pointing your resolver to localhost, and  your local named is
requesting the v6 AAAA records. Look into disabling this behaviour @ named.conf.

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really understand what's going on.

Warned.