Dual boot.

sac sacchi at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:49:07 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Paul Halliday <paul.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed 6.2 on a 90GB drive. During the installation I
> created the usual partitions and left 50GB untouched. I then rebooted
> ran partition magic to put a DOS FS on the remainder then ghosted XP
> pro onto it.
>
> What is the process now to dual boot this? I have tried booting then:
>
> sysinstall -> configure -> fdisk
>
> then install the bootmanager but when I try to write out the changes
> it errors and says:
>
> ERROR: Unable to write data to disk ad0!
>
> Do I need to start over or can I fix this?

Hi,
by default the variable kern.geom.debugflags will be 0
when 0 it does not allow to update the disk.
Set this flag to 16.
And try to install the bootmanager. This worked for me while creating
new partition. HTH.
And I do not know the functionality of this variable, somebody throw
more light on this topic.

Sachidananda.