laser printer - which one?

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 30 16:38:20 UTC 2007

David Kelly escribió:
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 07:55:40PM +0200, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> might be a bit off here, but I'm sure some of you have experiences with
>> laser printers. I would like to buy a (relatively) cheap laser printer
>> with the following requirements:
>>
>> - quality (I mean here, that I want to use it for a long time, thus it
>> should be of good quality and be robust)
>> - has such a toner, *that can be refilled cheaply*
>> - prints in good quality, speed and noise is not that important
>> - should work under FreeBSD / Linux, not just under Windows

(Just picking one answer from the bunch.)

Thanks for the help to all of you! I got so many answers, that the
choose were still difficult. :) Many of you mentioned Samsung printers,
thus I've chosen Samsung ML-2571N. It was pretty cheap for it's
features: 400 Mhz CPU, 32MB, USB 2.0, parallel, ethernet, PS3, PCL6. I
haven't tried it with BSD / Linux, but it prints slow and well under
Windows.
Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

--