6.2/i386 X/DRI issues

freebsd at schlossadler.net freebsd at schlossadler.net
Wed May 30 16:14:32 UTC 2007

Hi All

Installed FreeBSD i386, Rel 6.2 on a machine thats got an i945 chipset on
the motherboard, integrated video too. Everything seems to be supported,
SATA controllers the lot... but no AGP or DRM support?

i have the statements

device  agp
device  drm
device  i915drm

in my kernel conf, after building the new kernel.

dmesg |grep agp
dmesg |grep drm

Returns absolutely nothing....

The i945 has been around for a while now.. Whats missing here? the actual
motherboard has the video card integrated. This motherboard has no AGP
slot on it, only PCI-E for a video card. I am not sure whether the onboard
integrated graphics is wired into AGP or PCI-E

Would this make a difference? is there any workaround/solution?

And yes, the whole point is to get DRI working in X.

Cheers
Alex