FreeBSD 6.2-REL && burncd

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed May 30 14:45:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:17:16PM -0400, Christopher Hilton wrote:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>

> >In 6.2-REL I now get the error:
> >
> ># burncd -f /dev/acd0 -s max data cdimage.raw fixate
> >next writeable LBA 0
>
> This was discussed here a month or two or three ago. I believe that the
> problem was not with burncd but with the ide cd driver. I believe that
> it's return values and timings changed thus breaking burncd. A scan of
> the list archives in Google should show the earlier thread.

Yes, I remember that thread and even added to its volume with
experiences of my own.

There were a number of things pointed out about a driver problem
and my comment that I could get it to work if I slowed down the
speed from max.   But, I don't remember that any solution or patch
or fix was ever suggested.   So, as far as I know, the problem is
still extant and needs some work and is likely to continue to spark
questions and comments.

I hope it can be fixed.   I don't know enough about it to fix it.

////jerry