Upgrade Xorg 7.2.0 - mergebase.sh problems

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:25:45 UTC 2007

On 27/05/07, Christopher Prance <christopher.prance at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I was so close, nope not yet.  I finally got my server upgraded
> with no problem.  Well a few minor setbacks, but I got it done.  Of course
> it won't run on my Sony 19" monitor which I have yet to figure out, but will
> in due time, but my server is not of importance, because I don't run X on
> it, it is just a webserver for now. My Thinkpad is a different story, I am
> trying to move away from my Windows laptop and rely on only FreeBSD so I
> would really like to get X up and running again.  The file I'm attaching is
> a script of the mergebase.sh tool. It listed several files that exist in
> both /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 and it will not continue until I move or
> remove them. I don't know which ones to remove and which ones to just move.
> Not too mention I did it by hand on my server, because there was not that
> many.  So any help here would be appreciated.  Is there are way I could make
> a script to move all these files for me? Which I'm sure there is but my
> scripting skills are beginners at best. :(   Sorry for the long post, just
> had to get it out.  Thanks again ahead of time!
>
> Christopher Prance
>

>From your attachment, in part:
. . .
CONFLICTING FILES:
./bin/appres
./bin/assistant
./bin/atobm
./bin/bdftopcf
./bin/bdftruncate
./bin/beforelight
./bin/bitmap
./bin/bmtoa
./bin/cxpm
./bin/designer
./bin/dga
. . .

% wc -l xorg-update
    3421 xorg-update

It looks like most, if not all, of your old xorg install
is still under /etc/X11R6, which should not be if
you followed /usr/ports/UPDATING.  It may be safe
to delete if xorg 7.2 was otherwise properly installed
in /usr/local, though I suspect some (perhaps very
long list of) things might have to be recompiled (again!).