Upgrade xorg 7.2 and extra x11 packages ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Sun May 27 12:19:47 UTC 2007

I have a question about the xorg 7.2 upgrade.

I noticed that tons of extra x11 packages are being installed by default
for some reason, my packages count growing beyond 950! The whole process
is taking more than a day and there is no end in sight.

Are they really required, and if not, how can I safely remove these
unwanted packages?

By the way, as suggested I followed the UPGRADING instructions exactly,
and still have met with tons of errors and problems.

Thanks alot in advance.

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>