Nvidia 8800 GTS

Alexandre Vieira nullpt at gmail.com
Sat May 26 02:30:47 UTC 2007

On 5/26/07, Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Alexandre Vieira wrote:

> working

> screen

> and
> for
> >>

> >> Hi, thanks for the reply
> >>
> >> Is that reason to hard freeze the machine? I'll check the monitor
> manual
> >> and set manually the refresh settings for the monitor.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alexandre Vieira - nullpt at gmail.com
> >>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I added the HorizSync and VertRefresh to the correct values present in
> the
> > monitor manual. Removed Glcore and dri and made sure glx is enabled. I
> also
> > tried to set NvAgp to 0 (just in case) and still the same result: green
> > with
> > black strips screen + hard crash on the machine (keyboard locks don'tt
> > answer too).
> >
> > Any more tips on this one?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
>         I'll be where you're at in a few hours (need to backup Linux data
> and
> install FreeBSD on desktop) -- I just bought a 8800 GTS too.
>
>         We'll see what happens..
>
>         Any error messages on the console or Xorg.0.log though?
>
> -Garrett

Hi Garret,

Nothing that I can see. Unfortunatly since the machine just crashes I can't
see the actual error in Xorg.log.

But im optimistic, I've seen many people on mailing lists claiming they have
a 8800 GTS and running freebsd. I've mailed some persons asking for
directions and xorg.conf/any other tricks.

Regards,

Alexandre Vieira - nullpt at gmail.com